Do you have skills that could help support your local Kerry Mental Health Association Branch? If so we would like to hear from you!
We have Branches in:
- Corca Dhuibhne (West Kerry)
- East Kerry (Rathmore)
- Iveragh (Cahersiveen, Valentia, Waterville)
- North Kerry (Listowel, Ballybunion, Duagh, Tarbert)
By giving back to your community through volunteering you are not only helping your local Mental Health Association, you’re also enhancing your own wellbeing by supporting others.
Volunteers in our Branches and on our Board of Trustees give their time in a variety of ways including:
- Visits to mental health service users who are in hospital or at home
- Attending day centres to assist social activities
- Trips to the cinema or theatre
- Celebration of birthdays
- Day outings for shopping or perhaps a trip to the seaside or a walk in the woods or countryside
- Visits to tourist attractions, scenic areas and gardens
- Christmas parties, hampers and gifts
- Applying for grants to help cover expenses associated with the needs of people in our community with mental ill-health
- Donating time and professional expertise for various fundraising, promotional or administrative needs
Our Branches also organise or provide financial support for various therapies that may be helpful. Many of the services are provided in the local HSE-run Day Care Centres throughout the county.
Kerry Mental Health Association welcome volunteers from all sectors and backgrounds, including Nurses, Social Care Students, Care Workers, Administrators and Drivers to name a few.
If you would like to learn more about volunteering with your local Kerry Mental Health Association Branch, send an email to [email protected]